Monday, August 30, 2010

Digital Clock v1.0 - in 3 lines of Delphi code

By Vasudev Ram

I had a need for a way to see the current time quickly on my PC screen. And I somehow don't like the default system time applet. So I wrote this Digital Clock utility in Delphi - Turbo Delphi Explorer, to be precise. Here is a screenshot of the clock:



It's very basic - no frills. But it does what I need. I just run it after starting up my machine , then whenever I need to check the current time, I just Alt-Tab to that window.

I could also put it in my startup folder so it would start automatically after the machine boots.

And it only needed 3 lines (*) of Delphi code!

(And even that can be brought down to 2 lines - heh :)

(*) Other than the UI design, but that was a snap too, and involves no code - I just used the Delphi form designer.

- Vasudev Ram - Dancing Bison Enterprises

Share this post:

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to Yahoo BuzzAdd to Newsvine

No comments: