Friday, February 26, 2016

PrintFriendly.com, site to print any web page well

By Vasudev Ram

PrintFriendly.com is a web site that claims to lets you make any web page print friendly.

From their site:

[ PrintFriendly cleans and formats web pages for perfect print experience. PrintFriendly removes Ads, Navigation and web page junk, so you save paper and ink when you print. It's free and easy to use. Perfect to use at home, the office, or whenever you need to print a web page. ]

I tried out PrintFriendly on the About page of my blog, jugad2. It seems to have worked well.

Here is a screenshot of the first part of the resulting page preview:


Here is a screenshot of roughly the middle part of that page:


And here is a screenshot of the bottom of the page, with the image of my mascot showing.


All three parts seem to have come out well.

Interestingly, the site also has a feature by which, in the print preview, if you highlight certain parts with your mouse, it shows a small popup that lets you delete the selected part - before printing, I guess.

So PrintFriendly is eco-friendly.

The site reminds me slightly of my selpg Linux utility, which lets you print selected pages of a text file to PDF (with the help of xtopdf, which is also by me.

- Vasudev Ram - Online Python training and programming

Signup to hear about new products and services I create.

Posts about Python  Posts about xtopdf

My ActiveState recipes

No comments: