Ok, now to the main topic:
This series of books is a good resource for developers and Linux system administrators.
Bruce Perens' Open Source Series
Excerpt from that page:
Prentice Hall PTR is proud to publish the Bruce Perens' Open Source Series with Bruce Perens, Series Editor. This Series focuses on Linux and Open Source technologies, including new and emerging technologies. It targets professional software developers, system and network administrators, and power users.
The Bruce Perens' Open Source Series is designed to give a voice to up-and-coming Open Source authors. Each book in the Series is published under the Open Publication License, an Open Source compatible book license. Electronic versions will be made available at no cost several months after each book's publication.
Some of the books in the series include:
- Official Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference Guide, The, 2nd Edition
- Cross-Platform GUI Programming with wxWidgets
- Subversion Version Control: Using the Subversion Version Control System in Development Projects
- Apache Jakarta Commons: Reusable Java™ Components
- Java™ Application Development on Linux®
- Understanding the Linux Virtual Memory Manager
- C++ GUI Programming with Qt 3
- Managing Linux Systems with Webmin: System Administration and Module Development
- Vasudev Ram - Dancing Bison Enterprises.