Monday, December 20, 2010

The Software Freedom Law Center is using my xtopdf toolkit

By Vasudev Ram

The Software Freedom Law Center (SFLC) is using my xtopdf toolkit.

About the SFLC (from its web site):

"We provide legal representation and other law-related services to protect and advance Free, Libre and Open Source Software (FLOSS). Founded in 2005, the Center now represents many of the most important and well-established free software and open source projects"

I got an email about this from Aaron Williamson, a lawyer for the SFLC, a few months ago. He said he was using part of the xtopdf code for their work.

He is using the xtopdf code to help with his work of e-discovery, as part of the Bates stamping needed for it.

Interestingly, Aaron is both a lawyer and a programmer - cool :)

I'm happy to know that my work is being used in a good cause.



- Vasudev Ram - Dancing Bison Enterprises

No comments: