Friday, May 6, 2011

Beta: Google In-Page Analytics

By Vasudev Ram - www.dancingbison.com

In-Page Analytics is a new beta feature of Google Analytics - www.google.com/analytics

I checked it out a bit recently. Seems interesting.

If you run Google Analytics (GA) on your site or blog, you can check out this feature by opening GA in a new browser window or tab, and then:

In the left pane, click on Content, then click on In-Page Analytics below Content.

This will display the In-Page Analytics screen.

It basically displays your blog or site (within the GA page), with some percentages (indicating traffic) balloons overlaid on various links - something roughly (in meaning, not exactly in appearance) like a heat map - see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_map

I'm not sure, but it seems to have a bug: after doing the above, I also opened my site in a different browser tab, and part of the In-Page info appeared there as well, which should not happen.

Anyway, hope Google fixes that soon. Other than that bug, it seems to be a useful tool.

Posted via email

UPDATE: It does seem to have that bug. Even after I logged out of my Google account, and refreshed my site's page, it still had that issue. I had to close the browser (Chrome) and then reload my site to make the problem go away.

- Vasudev Ram - Dancing Bison Enterprises

No comments: