Sunday, July 22, 2012

Tawkon for Android monitors cellphone radiation level

By Vasudev Ram


Seen via this post on Fred Wilson's blog avc.com

Tawkon is a wellness app for Android smartphones. It runs in the background, monitors the level of radiation your cellphone is emitting, and warns you if you have been using it for too long, and recommends you put the phone on speaker, or use a headset with it, instead of holding it to your ear. (See the photo of Fred using his Android mobile with a headset at the end of his post.)

According to Fred, though it runs continuously in the background, it does not use much of the battery.

Tawkon

Excerpts from Fred's post:

[
Most of the time it just runs in the background and I forget it is there. But every once in a while, it wakes up and alerts me to take the phone away from my head, put it on speaker, or put on a headset.
]

[
... In each case, Tawkon alerted me to the fact that I should not do the call without a headset and I took the advice.

Tawkon also aggregates my radiation exposure and phone activity over time and keeps a record of it.
]

You can download Tawkon for Android from the Google Play store.

- Vasudev Ram - Dancing Bison Enterprises

No comments: