Saturday, September 22, 2012

Dorset, England, an area of outstanding natural beauty

By Vasudev Ram


I saw this after googling for Dorset due to something I read on the net today.

Dorset, England on Wikipedia

The Wikipedia article above, about Dorset, says that it is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

Interesting article about Dorset:

Dorset: There is nowhere I'd rather be on The Telegraph, UK, by a person who lives in Dorset.

Here is a Google search for images of Dorset, England. It gave me better results (in terms of images) than just Googling for Dorset and then clicking the Images link of the left of the resulting Google search page.

UPDATE: After opening some of the pictures (thumbnails) from the above Google image search, I found that some of those sites were pretty crappy, with lots of ads, so watch out for that.

Below are some images of Dorset that I saw and liked:

Dawn at Staunton Caundle, Dorset, England:



The Bridge, Blandford:




Little White Cottage, Dorset:



Chapman's Pool, Dorset:



Christchurch, Dorset:



I've lived in some similar places (in the sense of natural beauty, that is; I don't mean places exactly like Dorset), so was interested to read about Dorset and see images of it.

- Vasudev Ram - Dancing Bison Enterprises

No comments: