Saw this today via a chain of links.
NetVigil, from Fidelia, is a product for IT infrastructure management, designed for very large enterprise and service provider networks. (They also have another product called Fidelia Helix, on the same lines, but meant for small or medium sized enterprises. Both NetVigil and Helix are built on the same underlying engine.)
Some features of NetVigil:
- Runs on Linux, Windows, Solaris
- Predictive reporting on upcoming problems
- Powerful correlation graphs between servers, networks and applications
- Web interface offers minimal learning, ubiquitous access
- Automatic setup and discovery- operational within minutes
Excerpts from their site:
[ Founded in 2000 by Vikas Aggarwal and a team from Verio (acquired by NTT in 2000 for $6B), Fidelia Technology, Inc. is a privately held, venture-funded software company based in Princeton, New Jersey.
Fidelia has about 70 customers including Sony Online Entertainment, Spirit Airlines, Verizon Wireless, Cornell University and Yale University who have been using the product for over 4 years.
Downloadable over the Web, NetVigil begins discovering the IT infrastructure immediately, returning its value quickly. The NetVigil application is affordably priced for mid-tier enterprises, but scalable enough for Fortune 500 organizations. ]
- Vasudev Ram - Dancing Bison Enterprises