Sunday, December 28, 2014

Popcorn, black olives and turnip pickle - a nice evening snack

By Vasudev Ram




I had this snack today:

Bought some popcorn and black olives (Figaro olives from Seville, Spain), and had them with some turnip pickle that I had made. Crazy, no? :) Turned out to be a good snack.

The turnip pickle was a simple one with salt and a couple of powdered spices - no oil.

As I sometimes do when I eat something, I googled olive and was interested to see that it is one of the most extensively cultivated fruit crops, more than apples, mangoes and bananas, according to Wikipedia:

[ Olives are one of the most extensively cultivated fruit crops in the world.[69] In 2011 there were about 9.6 million hectares planted with olive trees, which is more than twice the amount of land devoted to apples, bananas or mangoes. Only coconut trees and oil palms command more space. ]


- Vasudev Ram - Dancing Bison Enterprises

Contact Page


No comments: