Friday, March 4, 2011

SnapEngage enables instant live chat when you visit a site

By Vasudev Ram

I got to know of SnapEngage today when I visited a software product company site, BootStrapToday.

This was the page I visited - BootStrapToday Executive Team

The moment the page loaded, a chat box popped up, and an employee of the company messaged me in that box, saying "Hi, how can I help you?"

The idea seems cool and useful. I guess the SnapEngage product, maybe a plugin of some sort, ties into the web server that serves your company site, so they can alert some employee whenever a new visitor views the site. Then the employee can chat with that visitor. Also, the chat window did not pop up when I visited a second time, in the process of writing this post. Guess they may be detecting the IP address of the visitor and not chatting redundantly with the same visitor again within a short span of time.



- Vasudev Ram - Dancing Bison Enterprises

No comments: