Sunday, February 15, 2015

Digital nomad lifestyle on the rise

By Vasudev Ram





[ Rider in Mongolia ]

Over the last several months, and even up to a year or more ago, I've been coming across many articles and blog posts on the Net that talk about digital nomads and their lifestyles. Many of them run their own businesses - or work on bootstrapping their startups - via the Internet (and phone / fax, etc.), from different world locations that they travel to, and stay at.

I've done it some myself in the past - traveling to various places, and spending some time in each, while running my consulting and training business.

It's an interesting approach to work, and has some pros and cons, which also depends partly on what line of work you are in, what kind of clients you have, the infrastructure in the places you go to, etc.


[ Romani wagon in Germany ]

Here's an article I just recently read about the digital nomad lifestyle:

How I built a startup while traveling to 20 countries

If you do a web search for digital nomad(s), you'll find a lot of articles.

Here's a post I wrote a while ago about Teleport, a startup that calls itself a 'search engine for digital nomads.':

Teleport, new Andreessen Horowitz startup

Speaking of nomads, as a kid, I had read this novel which is about a gypsy's life:

Lavengro (on Wikipedia)

From the Wikipedia article:

"Lavengro was included in the Oxford University Press World's Classics series in 1904, and in Everyman's Library in 1906.[10]"

You can download it or read it here on Project Gutenberg:

Lavengro: The Scholar, the Gypsy, the Priest by George Borrow

Shoon thimble-engro;
Avella gorgio.

- Vasudev Ram - Dancing Bison Enterprises

Signup to hear about new products or services from me.

Contact Page

No comments: